Al-Ahly of Egypt is looking forward to winning the African Champions League for the third time in a row (Getty)
Al-Ahly club of Egypt announced 6 new demands regarding the stadium of the final of the African Champions League, which will be combined with the Moroccan team Wydad, which is scheduled to be held on May 30 at the Mohammed V complex stadium in Casablanca.
The Confederation of African Football “CAF” had granted Morocco the right to host the final match, after the Senegalese federation withdrew from the competition to vote, which angered the Egyptian Al-Ahly, who demanded the fairness of the competition and not to hold the final on the land of any of the four contenders in the semi-finals ( The time of determining the announcement of Morocco to host).
And according to what was reported by the official Al-Ahly club website, the Crisis Management Committee, headed by Mahmoud Al-Khatib, decided, after its meeting on Tuesday, May 17, to address the Confederation of African Football with many demands, after learning about the date and venue for the final match of the Champions League through the official accounts of “Enough”, although the club has not received any official letters in this regard so far.. Al-Ahly club’s requests from the African Union came as follows:
- Demanding defining the criteria for holding the final match of the Champions League, including: (determining the capacity of the stadium on which the match will be held – allocating 50% of this capacity to Al-Ahly fans), in order to establish justice between the two parties to the meeting .. and that the club will pay the full value of tickets from each Categories and classes, including the main cabin designated for Al-Ahly and its fans, according to the ticket prices that the club is waiting to be informed of by “CAF” urgently.
- Demanding that the stadiums designated for Al-Ahly club (half the stadium’s capacity) be limited to its fans only, and that CAF confirm and oblige the authorities responsible for securing and organizing the match to do so.
- Demanding the provision of full insurance for the safety of all elements of the match, and ensuring that the match organizer applies the procedures stipulated in the regulations of the African and International Federations, which prevent any effects on the performance of all players on the field.
- Demanding that Al-Ahly fans obtain travel visas and the number of half the capacity of the stadium where the match will be held, taking into account the lack of time and responding to the club regarding all its previous requests within 72 hours at most.
- Demanding assigning the management of the aforementioned match to a refereeing team of the most efficient referees of the continent, and not among this crew whose performance has previously caused any crises or protests in the various “CAF” competitions.
- Demanding the use of the VAR technology crew from Europe, similar to what was done in the African qualifiers for the World Cup, especially that the winner of this match will represent the African continent in the World Club Championship.
It is noteworthy that Al-Ahly of Egypt reached the final after beating Algeria’s ES Setif in the first leg 4-0, and tied it 2-2 in the second leg, while Wydad qualified at the expense of Petro Atlético of Angola with a victory away from home, 1-3, and a 1-1 draw back.
#African #final #stadium #demands #AlAhly #administration