The board of directors of the Egyptian Al-Ahly Club during its meeting regarding the issue of the final stadium of the African Champions League (twitter/AlAhly)
The crisis of the 2022 African Champions League final stadium continued, after the Egyptian Al-Ahly club and the Moroccan Wydad guaranteed their official qualification for the final match, as Al-Ahly club issued several decisions regarding the file, during the Board of Directors meeting headed by Mahmoud Al-Khatib, on Sunday, May 15th.
The “Red Genie” had confirmed his qualification for the final match, after returning with a draw from the field of its host ES Setif of Algeria (2-2) to qualify in the two matches (6-2) to win the first leg 4-0, while Moroccan Wydad tied at home 1-1 against Petro Atlético de Angola, to qualify in the group (4-2), by winning the first leg 3-1 outside their bases.
The Confederation of African Football had granted Morocco the right to host the final match, after the Senegalese federation withdrew from the competition to vote, which infuriated Al-Ahly of Egypt, which demanded the fairness of the competition and not to hold the final on any of the four contenders in the semi-finals (at the time of determining Morocco Declaration for Hosting).
The board of directors of the Egyptian Al-Ahly Club made 8 important decisions regarding the stadium of the African Champions League final, and also discussed the statements issued by the Egyptian and African federations in the same regard, in light of the regulations governing African competitions and similar situations in the past.
Al-Ahly club’s statement on the CAF Champions League final stadium crisis
- Emphasizing Al-Ahly’s pride in its good relationship with all Moroccan clubs and their football-loving fans, who are not considered a party to the crisis, and that the club’s current raised position concerns the Confederation of Africa only, due to the lack of application of the principle of neutrality when making the decision to determine the stadium for the final match of the Champions League, which It was issued late and was inconsistent with FIFA regulations and the Olympic Charter.
- Playing the final match of the Champions League in any stadium within the African continent, based on the value and history of Al-Ahly club. Noting that the club has not received any communications from CAF regarding it so far. Al-Ahly adheres to its rights to ask the African Union to implement many of the regulations for holding the match, to ensure a minimum level of justice between the two competing teams.
- Emphasizing that resorting to the International Sports Court in this crisis came as an escalation of the club’s position on the negative aspects witnessed in African competitions, foremost of which is the lack of standards governing the organization process for a long time, before the club requested in its complaint an urgent decision on the crisis of the final stadium before the scheduled date. And establishing justice by holding the match in a neutral stadium, or postponing the same match until the matter is decided in accordance with the regulations and imposes equality and achieves the principle of equal opportunities between the two competing teams.
- Continuing the club’s lawsuit before the International Sports Court, regardless of the results of the next phase (positive or negative) in all respects, because Al-Ahly, with its continental and global history, and who is participating in the African Final for the 15th time, plays its role and responsibility towards its proud continent. He looks forward to supporting sports institutions at home and abroad to correct what is happening and provide a better performance for the African football system in terms of competitions and stadiums and to get rid of recurring crises.
- Holding a global press conference after the final match, to reveal the scenes of the CAF decision, which is inconsistent with the rules of fair play, and to respond to all that was stated in the statements issued by all parties in this crisis.
- Formation of a crisis management committee headed by Captain Mahmoud Al-Khatib, and comprising Engineer Mustafa Murad Fahmy, Vice President of Al-Ahly Football Company, Captain Hossam Ghaly, member of the club’s board of directors, Dr. Al-Ahly Football Club.
- Emphasizing the great confidence in the Al-Ahly team and its entire system of technical, administrative, medical staff and players, and their high capabilities and appreciation of the responsibility placed on them to challenge all circumstances and play anywhere inside or outside the African continent, and under any pressure and achieve the best results that befit Al-Ahly and its history and delight its fans, which We trust her unlimited support for her club and sports teams in all situations.
- Taking all administrative measures and addressing the International Federation regarding the summons that Al-Ahly professional players received yesterday to join their national teams, at a date that coincides with the start of the international agenda on 30/5/2022, and contradicts the date announced by CAF through its official accounts on social media to hold the final match of the League The champions, which is the same previous position that deprived Al-Ahly of its international players when they joined their national teams (Egypt – Tunisia – Morocco – Mali) to participate in the African Nations Championship in Cameroon, a date that coincided with the start of the World Club Championship in the UAE, in which Al-Ahly club participated as a representative of the African continent. .
#African #final #stadium #important #decisions #AlAhly #administration