How much is zakat al-fitr in England?
It is easy for many Muslims residing in Muslim countries to know the amount of the value required to be paid for Zakat al-Fitr each year, to perform the confirmed Sunnah of the Messenger of God – ﷺ -, whether through the fatwa houses or the endowments ministries located in those countries, but what is the case if the Muslim is a resident In a non-Muslim country? All Muslims want to pay the value of Zakat al-Fitr because of its great merit, and because the Messenger – peace be upon him – emphasized it and made it obligatory for all Muslims, in your opinion. How much is zakat al-fitr in England?Scholars have estimated the value of Zakat al-Fitr for a Muslim in a non-Muslim country such as England at five pounds.
How is the value of zakat al-fitr calculated?
We know the value of zakat obligatory for every Muslim in England, but in the first place, how is the value of zakat al-fitr calculated? Does it differ from one country to another? In fact, the Egyptian Dar Al-Iftaa – which is a highly credible body because of its great history in the field of fatwa and the large number of its distinguished scholars – announced that the value of zakat al-Fitr is calculated as a saa’ of food eaten by the majority of Muslims in the country in which zakat is to be calculated, and the weight of that saa’ from The food is about 2.04 kg, which made the Egyptian Dar Al Iftaa calculate that weight of wheat; Because all the Egyptian people eat bread, and thus the value of Zakat al-Fitr is calculated using the value of the most common food in each country.
What is the time to pay zakat al-fitr?
The scholars mention minor differences between the opinions and doctrines of the four imams, and we will present to you the opinion of each school of thought about them, and then the opinion of the Egyptian Dar al-Iftaa in this regard in the following.
The Hanafi school held that the date of zakat al-fitr is obligatory at dawn on the day of Eid.
The Shafi’is considered that the date for paying zakat al-fitr must be given at sunset on the last day of the month of Ramadan. The Shafi’is added that there is no legal objection to accelerating the date for paying zakat al-fitr before this date, and it may be given from the first day of the holy month of Ramadan, but not from the first night.
The opinion of the Hanbali
The Hanbalis, as well as the Shafi’is, held that the time for giving zakat al-fitr is obligatory at sunset on the last day of the month of Ramadan. )
The Malikis, as well as the Hanbalis, held that it is permissible to pay zakat al-fitr two days before its time – which is the sunset of the last day of the month of Ramadan.
Egyptian Dar Al Ifta
The Egyptian Dar Al Iftaa has authorized, on its website, to pay Zakat Al-Fitr on the first night of the holy month of Ramadan, and it has clarified that the date for its payment continues until the morning of Eid.
Ruling on zakat al-fitr in Islam
- Imam Ibn Baz believes that the ruling on paying zakat al-fitr is that paying zakat al-fitr is obligatory for every Muslim, young or old, male or female, based on the saying of the Messenger of God – peace be upon him – on the authority of Abdullah bin Omar – may God be pleased with them both – (The Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace. He, and peace be upon him, is the zakat of innocence, as it is a bitterness, or a rumor of poetry on the servant and the freedom, the male and the female, and the young and the great of the Muslims, and commanded it to be the same. In his family, young and old, his wife and himself.
- The ruling of the Egyptian Dar al-Iftaa agreed with the ruling of Ibn Baz previously mentioned. However, the Egyptian Dar al-Iftaa differs with Ibn Baz in the amount of zakat al-Fitr. Ibn Baz believes that its amount is three kilograms from the food of the majority of the people of the state. As for the Egyptian Dar al-Iftaa, it is set at 2.02 kg. Zakat is on it. The Egyptian Dar Al Iftaa has permitted the payment of Zakat Al-Fitr in the amount equivalent to its value in money, but Ibn Baz believes that it should be given as food only.
- The end of the matter is that the difference of opinions of scholars is a mercy for us from God – ﷻ – whoever wants to take the opinion of one of them without the other, his work is correct, and God knows best.
How to spend Zakat Al-Fitr
حدد الله- ﷻ- الأوجه التي يستحق إخراج الزكاة والصدقات لها في قوله- تعالى- (إِنَّمَا الصَّدَقَاتُ لِلْفُقَرَاءِ وَالْمَسَاكِينِ وَالْعَامِلِينَ عَلَيْهَا وَالْمُؤَلَّفَةِ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَالْغَارِمِينَ وَفِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَابْنِ السَّبِيلِ ۖ فَرِيضَةً مِّنَ اللَّهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ) (سورة التوبة الآية: 60) We will present these eight aspects to you in detail below.
God – ﷻ- has provided the poor, and made them the first means of spending; The majority of scholars are of the view that the poor is the chaste who does not ask people for anything.
God has made alms and zakat a share for the poor, so He made it the second aspect of spending, and the Messenger of God – peace be upon him – explained the poor by saying on the authority of Abu Hurairah – may God be pleased with him – he said: (The Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, said: The poor person is not this circumambulation. Who is circumsting the people, so the summit and the two are returned to it, and the dates and the two dates said, so what is the poor?
working on it
They are the collectors and couriers who work to collect alms, so they deserve a share for their work. Unless the one working on it is from the family of the Prophet, then charity is forbidden to him, for God – ﷻ – has honored His Prophet Muhammad – peace be upon him – and his family never to accept charity, and this is as in the saying of the Messenger of Allah – peace be upon him – (Indeed, these alms are the dirt of people And it is not permissible for Muhammad, nor for the family of Muhammad) (authentic hadith).
composed their hearts
Their hearts are composed of several sections, and we will mention them to you below.
- Whoever is given alms to enter IslamAs the Messenger – peace be upon him – did with Safwan bin Umayyah – may God be pleased with him – Safwan mentioned that the Messenger – may God bless him and grant him peace – was giving him from the spoils of the Hunayn battle, and Safwan bin Umayya witnessed it as a polytheist, until Safwan loved the illiterate of the Messenger – peace be upon him. That was on the authority of Safwan bin Umayyah, his saying: (The Messenger of God – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – gave me on the day of Hunayn, and that he was the most hated of people to me, and he continued to give me until he became, and that he is the most beloved of people to me) (authentic hadith)
- Whoever is given alms to improve his Islam And prove his heartAs the Messenger of God – peace be upon him – did in the Battle of Hunayn also, the Messenger of God – peace be upon him – gave a group of freemen and their nobles a hundred camels, and the Messenger of God – peace be upon him – said: In Hell) (authentic hadith)
- Who is given alms to him who pleases his peers to convert to Islam?.
But in the section of those whose hearts are reconciled, there is a disagreement over whether it is permissible to give charity in this manner after the Messenger of God – peace be upon him – there are those who saw that it was permissible and some of them saw the prohibition of it, so there is no need for it today.
Freeing slaves is buying a slave, freeing him, and making him free, and Ahmad ibn Hanbal saw in this respect that slaves are more general than this.
Among them are those who carried a load or secured a debt, so he obliged him, and he was not able to pay it with his money, or he was fined for paying his debt or for a sin, and then repented. : أقِمْ حتَّى تَأْتِيَنا الصَّدَقَةُ، فَنَأْمُرَ لكَ بها، قالَ: ثُمَّ قالَ: يا قَبِيصَةُ، إنَّ المَسْأَلَةَ لا تَحِلُّ إلَّا لأَحَدِ ثَلاثَةٍ: رَجُلٍ تَحَمَّلَ حَمَالَةً، فَحَلَّتْ له المَسْأَلَةُ حتَّى يُصِيبَها، ثُمَّ يُمْسِكُ، ورَجُلٌ أصابَتْهُ جائِحَةٌ اجْتاحَتْ مالَهُ، فَحَلَّتْ له المَسْأَلَةُ حتَّى يُصِيبَ A strong man from living – or he said: to pay for living – and a man who is afflicted by need, until three of the Hajj pilgrims rise from his people) (Sahih hadith)
For God’s sake
They are the invaders who have no right in the Court.
son of the way
The traveler passing through a country that does not have anything to help him in his travels, so he is given from alms that are sufficient until he reaches his home, even if he has money, but not enough to reach his country, as well as the one who wants to travel and does not have money with him.
#zakat #alfitr #England #Wikipedia