Examples of illegal holidays
Nations fall to the bottom as time progresses, customs have taken place to imitate others and follow them without paying attention to the prohibition of the matter, or its absence, or even its acceptance or hatred in the Islamic religion, and development has become completely parallel to the customs of the West, and we will discuss about illegal holidays, which Some Muslims celebrate it during the following lines:
- God Almighty has prescribed two festivals for Muslims, which are Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. on his servants.
- Eid al-Adha is after the obedience of fasting or standing at Arafat and the completion of a great ritual of Hajj and the sacrifice. God Almighty has given good tidings to the Muslims after standing in Arafat that their sins will be forgiven and their repentance accepted, and some customs have taken place to celebrate holidays that God Almighty did not legislate, and examples of which are Eid New Years, Christmas and Mother’s Day.
- Eid is a day of pleasure, memorial, and celebration of a religious event, a historical event, or other precious events. Muslims have only two holidays that God Almighty has legislated, and the celebration of them is permitted within the limits that pertain to the Islamic religion, namely Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha.
- Also, there is no Eid other than them among Muslims, and the Sheikh of Islam Ibn Taymiyyah defined Eid as a name given to every public meeting that people get used to every year at a specific time, and it returns either with the return of the year, month, or week.
Ruling on celebrating illegal holidays
- In the event that people agreed, and specified a day in order to celebrate a specific occasion so that its concept would be solidified, and in order to deepen its meaning in society, as in allocating a day for the celebration of the mother, if this celebration is not accompanied by the belief that this holiday is a religious holiday, This holiday does not have a religious dimension to non-Muslims, and its celebration is not accompanied by any evil, as it is permissible to dedicate and rejoice in these holidays.
The number of legitimate Muslim holidays per year
- Muslims have two Eids, and they are Eid al-Fitr, which comes at the beginning of the month of Shawwal after the Muslim completes the obligation of fasting in the blessed month of Ramadan, and the number of its days is only one day, as the Messenger of God – peace be upon him – said: in both of them during the pre-Islamic era, and that God Almighty has substituted them for you with something better than them on the Day of Fitr and the Day of Sacrifice).
- Eid al-Adha comes on the tenth day of the month of Dhu al-Hijjah every year, and the number of its days is four days, and the first day of it is the Day of Sacrifice, and the three days after it, which are called the days of al-Tashreeq, where the Messenger of God, peace be upon him, said: (The Day of Fitr And the Day of Sacrifice, and the Days of Tashreeq, our festival, the people of Islam).
Is celebrating Christmas a sin?
- The Dar Al-Iftaa clarified that celebrating the New Year is legally permissible, and there is no sanctity in it, and there is no objection to celebrating the birth of our master Jesus – peace be upon him. Only, if he celebrates the birth of our master Jesus as one of the prophets whom God sent, or celebrates his birth as a social occasion, then that does not harm anything and God knows best.
- A Muslim’s celebration of the birth of Moses is not considered an acknowledgment of the Christian faith, or a follower of something other than Islam, as long as he believes that Jesus – peace be upon him – is one of the messengers whom God Almighty commanded us to believe in their mission and message.
- And the Muslim should believe in God’s angels, His books and His messengers, and not differentiate between any of their messengers, for all of them were sent with the message of Islam, and Muhammad – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – was their seal and seal, as God Almighty said in his book: (The Messenger believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord. He believes in God, His angels, His Books, and His Messengers;
Is it permissible to celebrate Mother’s Day?
Scholars and jurists divided into two groups on the topic of celebrating Mother’s Day.
proponents opinion To celebrate Mother’s Day
- Both the Egyptian House of Iftaa and the Islamic Council for Fatwas, which was found in Al-Aqsa Mosque inside Palestine, considered that celebrating Mother’s Day is nothing but kindness and charity to the mother, as it brings joy and happiness in the heart of the mother, and this is what the Islamic Sharia commanded, as God Almighty said in Surah الأحقاف: (وَوَصَّيْنَا الْإِنسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ إِحْسَانًا ۖ حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ كُرْهًا وَوَضَعَتْهُ كُرْهًا ۖ وَحَمْلُهُ وَفِصَالُهُ ثَلَاثُونَ شَهْرًا ۚ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا بَلَغَ أَشُدَّهُ وَبَلَغَ أَرْبَعِينَ سَنَةً قَالَ رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَىٰ وَالِدَيَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَالِحًا تَرْضَاهُ وَأَصْلِحْ لِي فِي ذُرِّيَّتِي ۖ إِنِّي تُبْتُ إِلَيْكَ وَإِنِّي of the Muslims).
Muharram’s opinion on celebrating Mother’s Day
- The majority of scholars agreed that celebrating this holiday is one of the things that have been prohibited in Islamic law, and this is because the holiday is one of the innovations that have no origin within Islamic law. Ibn Uthaymeen and other fatwa centers in the Islamic world, and it is worth saying that the owners of this saying infer that the Muslim holidays are Eid al-Adha and Eid al-Fitr, and anything other than these feasts has no basis in Islam and has no basis, and Anas bin Malik – may God be pleased with him – said in the hadith The Messenger of God – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – came to Medina and they had two days to play in them, so he said: What are these two days? They said: We used to play in them during the pre-Islamic era, so he, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, said: God has made the two of them more righteous, and the two of them are better. , God only knows.
Ruling on congratulating non-Muslims on their holidays
- إن تهنئة غير المسلمين بأعيادهم تجوز شرعًا من باب البر والود، حيث يقول الله تعالى في كتابه الكريم: (لَّا يَنْهَاكُمُ اللَّهُ عَنِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يُقَاتِلُوكُمْ فِي الدِّينِ وَلَمْ يُخْرِجُوكُم مِّن دِيَارِكُمْ أَن تَبَرُّوهُمْ وَتُقْسِطُوا إِلَيْهِمْ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُقْسِطِينَ(8) إِنَّمَا يَنْهَاكُمُ اللَّهُ عَنِ Those who killed you in religion and delaying you from your homes, and degrade you to delay you, to take care of them ۚ and whoever takes care of them, for the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who will be One of the corrupt beliefs, because congratulating a non-Muslim is a matter of compliments and righteousness that God did not forbid in His Noble Book.
- It is not correct for a Muslim to live in a society and deal with non-Muslims without the presence of goodness and affection in the name of humanity. Rather, it is one of the morals that was known in Islam that responding to an offense with kindness, perhaps the action with what is better, perhaps paying with what is better changes the hearts of enemies sometimes, and as long as that A non-Muslim has not fought Muslims on the basis of religion, or tried to expel them from their homes. Righteousness is desirable for a Muslim as a matter of calling to God with kindness, and equity or justice is an obligation upon him in all cases.
#Examples #illegal #holidays #Wikipedia